A bone marrow transplant is clinical. procedure to replace your bone marrow with the help of healthy cells. These transplanted cells are coming from either your body or the donor’s body. It is also known as stem cell transplant. Transplantation may treat so many diseases like cancer such as myeloma, leukemia, lymphoma, and. It also treats so many blood system diseases. It can treat so many diseases that affect the bone marrow. So, you can see that bone marrow can replace unhealthy blood-forming cells with healthy ones. So, you will have to choose a reputed and reliable bone marrow transplant clinic for the safe and best treatment.
What are stem cells?
Stem cells are special kinds of cells and they can make copies of those cells. These will change into so many different kinds of cells in various parts of your body at various points in time.
You may know the fact that cancer treatment can hamper and damage hematopoietic stem cells. You can find this in the center of maximum bones. These stem cells are also pointed out in blood that is moving throughout your overall body.
So, while hematopoietic stem cells are damaged then, they will not become red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets as well. But you should remember one thing these blood cells are equally important and each one has a different job.
- Red blood cells will carry oxygen throughout your body. They also take carbon dioxide into the way of your lungs. So that, you can exhale that.
- White blood cells are basically an important part of your immune system. They can fight pathogens. These are viruses and bacteria that can make you sick.
- Platelets can create clots that will stop bleeding.
So, as you can see, a blood cancer bone marrow transplant is a medical procedure to transplant stem cells into healthy cells. Above all, this will restore your body’s capability to create red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets once again.
From where healthy cells are coming from?
Healthy blood-forming cells that will help in transplantation procedures can c9me from three different sources:
- Bone marrow: spongy and soft tissue inside the bone.
- Peripheral blood stem cells: blood creating cells that will circulate blood.
- Cord blood: the blood is collected from the umbilical cord after the birth of a baby.
Other names of bone marrow transplantation:
There are so many names for bone marrow transplant procedures. These are as follows:
- Allogeneic transplant
- Autologous transplant
- Haploidentical transplant
- Hematopoietic cell transplant or stem cell transplant
When is the best time to do the transplantation?
You should visit a doctor at various times to be prepared for transplantation. You will have to make a plan for transplantation. So, the doctor may begin the overall process at an early stage. The transplantation is going to be a success if your:
- The disease is in the early stage.
- You are in the remission stage. Your disease is minimal in your body.
- Your disease will get better after the treatment.
- You are in good health for the transplantation procedure.
There are so many new methods to improve your overall treatment and reduce complications as well.
Phone: (800) 962-7769